Vintage Romance

Sunday 4 November 2012

Ugh

3 days ago, everything 11 year old me would've wanted came true. Well, not everything. But you get the gist.

My crush of 2 goddamned years finally told me he liked me. You see, the thing that sucks is that he doesn't wanna be anything more. Which I get. He's leaving school next year and long distance would definitely not work out. But what's the harm in trying? I've been pretty tight with one of his friends lately. Mostly because that friend is my ex's best friend. But I'd like to think he's friends with me because I'm cool and different than other stupid people.

They're all on a school trip which I didn't join because I was too lazy to. And if you think I would go 5 days without tumblr, you're delusional.
Anyway, let me give you names (that are fake of course. I just made it up. If anyone from my school comes across my blog and recognize the names and find out it's me, I would die of embarrassment) so that it'll be less tedious for me to type.
Crush - Oliver
Friend - Seamus (pronounced Shay-mus. Get it right guise. I really like this name)
Ex Boyfriend - Dean
*notice how all of these names come from characters in Harry Potter. Please note that all of the people's names in here are not real, although the people actually are. I just changed their names. And for my sake, let's call me Oswin.

Okay, story. So, Oliver texted me he liked me (pfft. A text. Kind of takes all the magic out of it, right?)
And to quote him exactly, 'I like you. But I just want us to be normal friends. Nothing more.' Fine. I told him that I liked him too and we just texted talked all night through. The next day though, Seamus told me he left his phone on the bus. So we y'know, didn't talk. Seamus and I were texting back and forth when he told me out of nowhere that Oliver had a girlfriend. I don't know how Oliver even has the time to get a one of those girlfriend what with his busy schedule and all. I didn't believe him because Seamus talks shit sometimes. But I couldn't help but think he was right. I ignored it for the rest of the day. That night, Seamus called me and we talked for a while. Then his roomate in his hotel room (I have previously stated that they were on a school trip. Thus the words 'rommate in his hotel room') named Mike, talked to me and said that Oliver had a girlfriend. Seamus told me that someone special was going to call me tomorrow. Of course I begged him to tell me who the 'special someone' was but he wouldn't budge.

And then I got paranoid. Which isn't good because I'm always jumping to stupid ass conclusions. I told them I had to go and that my mom was asking me for help. Then I thought back to what my best friend, Hanna, told me earlier that day. They were got on the same bus Oliver left his phone on so he must've gotten his phone back. I thought if it was all just a game they were playing on me. Seamus and Mike told me that he had a girlfriend. Which would make sense because he said 'Nothing more'. Then maybe that 'special someone' is Oliver. Telling me it was just all a trick. That he really did have a girlfriend and that he didn't like me at all.

It's 7:52 p.m. and I'm still waiting for that damned phone call.



No comments:

Post a Comment