Vintage Romance

Monday 5 November 2012

So Called 'Special Someone'

I finally got the call Seamus and Mike were talking about at around 10 p.m. When my phone rang, I turned into Usain Bolt and ran to get my phone. The caller ID said it was Seamus so I picked it up, hoping for the best. But it wasn't Seamus on the line. It was a guy who was part of their 'gang'. His name is Ron. He's kind of an ass.

Anyway, he told me in his annoying ass voice that he read the texts between me and Oliver. I immediately panicked. I said a lot of crap to Oliver that I didn't want anyone else to know about. But being the cool person I'd like to think I am, I kept my mojo and asked him what he was talking about.

(Partial transcript reads as follows)

Ron: I read Oliver's text messages and I see that there's a lot of messages between you two.
Me: What are you talking about?
Seamus: Ron, give me the phone.
Me: What's happening?
Seamus: Wait, let me get Oliver. *screams Oliver's name*
Oliver: WHAT?
Seamus: IT'S OSWIN.

You see, at this point, everyone in the background was clapping and cheering which really annoyed me. Who invented clapping anyway? Please note that when Oliver was on the phone with me, everyone started whistling and clapping even more which was utterly unnecessary and uncomfortable.

Oliver: Hello?
Me: Hey.
Oliver: Yes? Seamus told me you wanted to talk me?
Me: Well, Seamus told me you wanted to talk to me.
Oliver: Wait, let me talk to him. WHAT THE HELL SEAMUS.
Seamus: Hello? Sorry 'bout that.
Me: I'm gonna hang up now.
Seamus: Okay.

Seamus texted me after the call saying Oliver wanted to tell me something. I asked him why he didn't tell me and he said he didn't know. Guess he was just being a wuss. Apparently, calling me was the only way to get Oliver to talk to me.

So, that was the phone call they talked about. How this 'special person' was going to talk to me. Please, we talked for a milisecond before he passed the phone on to Seamus. He also told me the girlfriend thing was just a lie. You think I didn't know? I was just being paranoid before the call and the girlfriend thing fit perfectly in my theory. But I have to admit, I felt pretty relieved that Oliver didn't have a girlfriend after all. But there's still one more thing that's bugging me.

Does Oliver seriously like me? Or was saying he did just a spur in the moment thing.

Ugh, hormones and paranoia do not fit.


No comments:

Post a Comment