Vintage Romance

Monday 5 November 2012

The Awkward Confrontation

When I was on Facebook today, I saw that Oliver was online. I didn't wanna start the conversation first because then he'd think I'm really clingy which is not what a lot of boys like. Particularly Oliver. Trust me. I've been in love with that boy for 2 years. Anyway, I waited for almost an hour for him to chat talk with me but, no luck. I screwed everything and gathered up my Gryffindor courage to talk to him. I started the conversation with, "Did Ron really read your texts?"

I have a weird way with starting conversations. No judging.

(Partial transcript reads as follows)

Me: Did Ron really read your texts?
Oliver: No. Why?
Me: He told me yesterday when Seamus called.
Oliver: He didn't. I left my phone on the bus. No one can read it now.
Me: The bus driver can.

Over my failed attempt to cheer him up over the loss of his phone, I discovered that Oliver didn't give a shit about Ron and just goes with the flow. "It's what anyone who's lazy would do." He said.

We spent the rest of the conversation chatting on facebook talking about what we were doing, trying to keep the conversation alive when one of his questions just made me think of him as a peasant.

He asked me if I liked Seamus and "I'm not jealous or anything" written in brackets. I told him that Seamus was just my friend and the conversation just kind of died down there. So that's basically how our conversations on facebook goes. A "what are you doing now" and a "Haha, you're weird" and the conversation kind of just.. ends. But despite that, our feelings for each other are different than our conversations. Although our conversations die down a little over time, our feelings for each other never do.

God, that was intense. Let me say something to ease the tension.

People are peasants. And Google should let me finish my sentence without interrupting me. Google thinks it knows me. BUT IT DOESN'T.

No comments:

Post a Comment